Rss Feed
  1. Food Glorious Food

    Thursday, December 20, 2012

    No reason to go to Olive Garden anymore. The only reason we went there was for my fiance's favorite dish, Zuppa Toscano. And I found a copycat recipe for it, along with the breadsticks. I tried the recipes and sure enough, tasted exactly the same. 




    Zuppa Toscano Recipe and Breadsticks Recipe

    I made coconut flan the other day, and although it was delicious, I will admit that it came from a box... Sometimes you don't have the time to make a homemade dessert, plus it was on sale. I did amp up the coconut flavor by using half coconut milk and half whole milk instead of all regular milk. And I topped it with coconut shreds and sliced almonds. My new favorite flavor combination is coconut and almond. Next time I'll make it from scratch.





    I tried out a recipe for Carrot Cake pancakes from Smitten Kitchen, one of my favorite food blogs. My cousin actually bought me her new cookbook as an early Christmas present, and I'm super excited. I've already tried a recipe from it which I will post pictures of later. This recipe is just from her blog, and although the pancakes are quite small, they are delicious and not too sweet - so they can be a breakfast and not a dessert. :]





  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment