Rss Feed
  1. Spiced Chocolate Risotto

    Monday, March 11, 2013


    I made this as a version of Champurado I guess, my best friend's mom is Filipino, and she would make Champurado for us for breakfast. Which is far easier to make than chocolate risotto, but I had some leftover risotto that I wanted to use up so I searched recipes online until I found a method I wanted to use.

    Spiced Chocolate Risotto
    adapted from here

    - 1 cup arborio rice
    - 1 TB butter
    - pinch of salt
    - 4 cups milk
    - 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
    - 1/4 tsp ground cinnamom
    - 1/4 tsp nutmeg
    - pinch of ground cloves
    - 1/4 cup sugar
    - 2 TB cocoa powder (more or less to your taste)
    -1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    - whipped cream for garnish (I also added coconut flakes and sliced almonds for texture)


    Toast the arborio rice in a pan along with the butter and a pinch of salt.
    While the rice is toasting, bring the milk to a simmer in a pot along with the cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and sugar.
    Once the rice has been toasted and the spiced milk has come to a simmer, start adding in the milk to the rice in half-cup increments. Only adding more when the previous cup has been completely absorbed.
    When there is about one cup left of milk, add in the cocoa powder and stir to completely mix it in. Continue adding the milk until it is all gone and absorbed by the rice. It should be al dente; not too soft and not too crunchy or chewy.
    Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
    Serve topped with whipped cream and any garnish you prefer.
    Enjoy.




  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment