Rss Feed
  1. Honey-Mustard Pork

    Wednesday, January 2, 2013


    The original recipe for this is actually "Honey Baked Chicken", which is equally delicious and I grew up eating that, cooked by my mom. I got the recipe from her a couple years ago and my fiance and I put our own spin on it. My fiance likes to have lots of extra sauce which is what happens when you make it this way. 


    I've taken to writing down recipes in this notebook that I've either adapted from online or from family, or simply made up myself. 



    The crayon artwork is courtesy of Aria, who had gotten a hold of the notebook when I wasn't looking.

    I have fallen in love with this orange blossom honey. I found it at our grocery store and thought I'd try it, as opposed to the regular clover honey. I'm never going back to clover honey. This orange blossom honey has a much lighter, fruitier, floral flavor. Delicious. If any of you get the chance to try some, I highly recommend it.


    Honey-Mustard Pork

    - two to three pounds pork chops, boneless
    - salt and pepper
    - 1/3 cup butter, melted
    - 1/3 cup honey
    - two tablespoons mustard
    - one teaspoon salt
    - one teaspoon curry powder


    Season pork chops with salt and pepper and brown in a hot pan on both sides. Brown in batches, setting browned pork chops on a plate as they are finished.
    While the pork chops are browning combine butter, honey, mustard, salt and curry powder in a bowl and whisk together.
    Once all the chops are browned, put them all back in the pan and pour the honey-mustard sauce over the top. Continue to cook until the pork chops are cooked through.
    Serve with rice.


    We are partial to jasmine rice, which is delicious and I grew up eating it in Cambodia. I make it in our little rice cooker, much easier than making it on the stove top. When you make jasmine rice, just be sure to rinse the rice several times before cooking it so it doesn't get too sticky.




    Enjoy.

  2. 1 comments:

    1. this is making me hungry looks so good :)

    Post a Comment