Rss Feed
  1. Mint Oreo Truffles

    Wednesday, January 16, 2013



    I'm sorry I haven't been posting too regularly. It's not because I haven't been taking photos or making food, it's because I keep forgetting or don't have the time to post. I am about a month behind in my posts, I made these truffles about a week before Christmas, so that should tell you something... I am not the most organized person, as anyone who knows me can tell you as well.

    I had truffles like these at a birthday party I went to with my daughter. Her friend Andrew was having his 2nd birthday party and his mom is a great baker and cook as well. She made a rich and delicious chocolate cake along with these truffles for dessert. I especially liked these because they taste so light and chocolate-y. Like you can keep eating them and the chocolate flavor doesn't become overwhelming.

    This is probably the easiest recipe ever. Does not require a lot of skill and it has simple ingredients. Although I do not feel that the mint flavor was strong enough for my tastes, so I'm going to make them again and add some peppermint extract - I'll let you know how it goes after I make them again.

    Mint Oreo Truffles

    - eight ounces softened cream cheese
    - one package of mint oreos
    - semi-sweet chocolate chips, about a cup and a half
    - white chocolate, or candy melts
    - sprinkles [optional]



    To start making the truffles, crumble up the oreo cookies and crumb them in either a blender or food processor. If you use a blender, like me, you may have to do it in batches. Pour the oreo crumbs into a medium sized bowl and add in the softened cream cheese, with a mixer on medium mix until well combined. 
    Place the bowl in the fridge for an hour to chill.

    While the oreo mixture is chilling, melt your semi-sweet chocolate chips. I used a microwave-safe bowl and put in for fifteen seconds at a time, taking it out and stirring it between each one until it was smooth.
    Take out the oreo mixture after the hour is up and roll into one-inch balls.
    Place them on parchment paper lined pans as you roll them. 
    Put the pans in the freezer for a quick chill, about thirty minutes.
    Take out the pans and dip the balls into the melted chocolate and place back onto the parchment paper.


    If you want to decorate your truffles with melted white chocolate, melt a small amount in the microwave like you did with the semi-sweet chips. Scoop the melted white chocolate [or green white chocolate] into a ziploc bag and snip the tip off. I had to hold the bag with a pot holder since it was pretty hot, but squeeze zig-zags of the chocolate onto the truffles. Sprinkle with sprinkles quickly after, if the chocolate cools before you get the sprinkles on there they won't stick.

    I used green and red since Christmas was coming up, but feel free to use whatever colors you want.



  2. 1 comments:

    1. April said...

      For the record, Katrina gave me some of these, and they are AMAZING.

    Post a Comment